2016.

For the past few years, my year-end posts were always drafted way before 31st and constantly edited until I post the final one on the last day of the year... But this year it's legit a compilation on the very last day so let's see how it goes HAHA.

I was thinking 2016 flew by so fast (as usual) but now that I'm recollecting the events that happened, it seems like it's been a pretty long year.
1. I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a diploma in Early Childhood Education.
Yeap, 3 years just ended like that HAHA. I remember entering poly for the first time thinking that I'm some cool kid now being able to dress in whatever I like and carrying a laptop instead of textbooks/worksheets to school. But it all ended in less than one term HAHAHAHA because I'm a lazy ass. Being able to dress in whatever I like also increases the chance of me wanting to go to school in my PJs every day wtf.

I can go on and on about how this course changed my perspective of life but let's not go to that extent hao ma. I just want to say that even though I spend most of the lectures watching korean variety shows (I know, wtf), I still learnt a lot and it's been a fruitful experience. I really didn't want to graduate because I know no matter what the route ahead will never be as 'easy' as my journey in poly.
2. I worked more than I went to school this year.
After school unofficially ended I went Taiwan and started work the day after I came back to Singapore. 4 months in a new childcare centre was super tiring but I had a very enjoyable experience! Of course there were laments here and there but overall, I'm feeling positive. Although just as an assistant teacher, I got to experience what it's like to work full-time in this industry. For the first time, going to the same centre every working day for 4 months. I discovered that I super love 7am shifts because I have no problems waking up early and going home early (before the sun sets) makes me happy HAHA. I also got to interact with the children's caregivers a lot and I'm really grateful for this opportunity. J There's just something special about being the first person to receive the children every morning and having a short casual conversation with their parents, grandparents, or helpers. My classroom management skills improved drastically while being in this centre because I start to know the children better and realise what works and what don't.

My N2s are super sweet!!! Honestly it took quite a while for them to open up to me, and vice versa. But once I formed a bond with them, it's really indescribable. :') There wasn't a day I wasn't excited to go to work just to hear them call my name (wtf obsessive teacher) (but some of their voices really can melt hearts). I have so much more to say but I think I should stop here for now HAHA.

Thank you, K, for teaching me so much and showing me that I'm capable of loving you. J

I went to Wheelock after that and during my semester break, I worked at 2 centres for about 2 months? So basically I spent more time working compared to going to school this year! I feel like an adult.

Just kidding HAHAHAHA.
3. I got into Wheelock College (SIT) for Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education.
Somebody tell me how I got in because I still don't know. Where do I even start... Interview was nerve-wrecking and everything was just "wait what is happening" until I finally realise I don't have to extend my work contract because I am officially going back to school. Man, it feels good to be a student again. But who would have known that university is going to be so tedious, even when you've already graduated with a diploma in the same field? Haha, shit just got real. The semester started off with an intensive 6 weeks and before I could get used to being in a class of an overwhelming 64 classmates, assignments start rolling in like *pew pew pew*. I wish I can say I got used to it but now I'm approaching my second intensive term and I'm still scared and worried hahahaha.

I've learnt a lot more from my friends and classmates compared to the tutorials. But I'm glad that I'm in this because it allows me to step out of my comfort zone constantly. I still have 1.5 semesters to go so... hoi yah!!!
4. Being in a relationship.
In fact, I found a boyfriend in my close friend HAHA. It came as a shock to a lot of people (even my mum) (even myself wtf) because we know each other since primary school and hence we have a lot of mutual friends. I told him, "Primary 5 Qidi will not be impressed to know that she will eventually end up with David" hahahaha.

What made me budge? After being indecisive and afraid and all sort of nonsense for the past many years? I don't know either. Maybe timing. Maybe changes. We talk to each other from time to time but apparently this time round, something felt different and we both felt the same so... it happened haha. I was so awkward even at the term 'boyfriend' at the start but we've came so far. Not very far la but it was still a substantial amount of time HAHAHA.

Counting my blessings and being grateful become even more important now and I just hope I'll never forget to remind myself.

Shoutout to the guy to makes me an even happier girl. *brofist*

***
Basically the 4 main things that happened this year! My life is just boring as usual so I have nothing much to talk about actually HAHAHAHA. Last year I asked myself "What would I write at the end of 2016?", little to know that I'm writing this at D's house while he's catching his santa pikachu wtf. 

See you soon Blogger, maybe I'll blog about my Boston immersion trip that's happening next year!

31/12/2016