Bali

Hola!
Was thinking whether to draft this post on Blogger or Dayre but I decided to do it here mainly because I don't have to square the pictures and it's easier to edit! Also because most of my travel logs are here actually hahahaha.

Anyway, I didn't bring my DSLR along this time round so the quality of the photos is not the best...But honestly, Bali is so so soooo gorgeous I don't think any photos can do any justice because really, I think nothing beats watching the scenery with my very own eyes.

Day 00 / 13.04.2017
 ✈ CHANGI AIRPORT


Took train to Changi airport from school after finishing my Stats exam and filming a video for my group presentation. Bless the creation of Downtown line really! I took the flights alone because I couldn't make it for the guys' timing and I had many episodes of adrenaline rush because this is probably the closest I can get to travelling solo hahahaha. I thought 2 hours was a long time to kill but I guess I was basking in the alone time I got after a really hectic semester so it went by super fast.

✈ LION AIR
★☆☆☆☆

I'm usually quite generous with my rating but my experience with Lion Air was really bad. I took 2 planes under Lion Air because I had a transit and firstly, their air condition wasn't working. Imagine being stuck in a plane for 2 hours and then 3 hours without proper ventilation and air condition wtf. Secondly, they didn't serve us food or any beverages at all. Yes, not even water. Thirdly, the seats and interior were just very poorly maintained. I guess if you fly budget you can't expect much but my plane tickets were not cheap. So yeap Lion Air, never again.

✈ JAKARTA SOEKARNO-HATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
 ☆☆☆☆

Just when I thought the flight was bad, Jakarta airport was worse wtf. When I was waiting to collect my luggage, a guy approached me and chatted with me so we had a 15-minutes(?) conversation. He told me that Jakarta and Singapore are pretty much the same to him, and from that I had super high expectations hahahaha fml. When I exited the arrival hall I was like, HE WAS LYING WTF. I roamed around the arrival hall with my luggage, trying to direct myself around using the limited English words written on the signs. I know I'm super bad at directions (even in Singapore), so I didn't dare wander around too far from the arrival hall just in case I have to U-turn. After about 20 mins of wandering it eventually led to panicking because I was so scared I couldn't board the plane in time. I decided to ask the staff who were working there but the language barrier was real sigh. We couldn't understand what each other was saying so eventually I gave them my flight ticket and one of them volunteered to bring me to the shuttle bus area.

I was like, "woah so nice walk with me all the way there leh" until we reached and he told me, "I follow you terminal 1B, you give me 200(k rupiah, which is ~$20)" I thought he meant that I had to pay $20 for the shuttle bus so I asked, but he said the shuttle bus was free. So I just told him that I can take the shuttle bus myself so he can go back to work. But he insisted so I acted blur and said "uhm but I got no money" (I had) (I just didn't want to give him LOL) THEN HE WANTED TO BRING ME TO THE MONEY CHANGER so I can change money and give it to him wtf. I really didn't want to give him because I feel that tipping is a voluntary thing and should not be forced/have a fixed amount demanded. Eventually I gave him $5 because I saw that he kept looking around after I showed disinterest in giving him the money so I was afraid that he might call his "gang" or something LOL damn stupid but hey it's possible.

After he left I spotted this Caucasian lady and I tried to peep at her ticket to see if it's the same as mine hahahaha. And it was!!! So I approached her and asked if she can speak English and if I can follow her because I need help with the directions. I'm really so thankful sigh. Honestly I think if it's not for her I would have died of panic attack in Jakarta airport and who knows how much money I would spend just tipping people wtf. Everyone was extra nice to us after we stuck together too. While it wasn't a great experience with the flight and airport, I'm thankful that I had her with me because it really made me feel a whole lot safer. 

Her name is Jade. 😊 She gave me her email!

She even offered to hire me a driver when we reach Bali! But D insisted that they would fetch me so I had to reject her offer. I reached Ngurah Rai (Bali) domestic airport at 12ish am and my heart dropped when she left me. T.T I couldn't find the guys there too and it was pretty late already so it's kinda scary. I realised that I'm at the domestic airport and the guys landed from international airport so they may not know that I'm at a different place, so I walked around the area outside trying to get to the international airport but I couldn't find my way. I couldn't connect to the wifi too and I tried asking people for help but they said they can't do anything about it too. I wandered a distance away then this group of guys asked if I need a Grabcar/taxi and after I rejected they kept insisting so I told them I'm waiting for my friends. 

I walked back after I couldn't find the international airport, trusting the guys to find their way to me and bring me back to our hotel HAHAHAHA. While walking back, the same bunch of guys saw me and shouted "eh sexy ah sexy" and called out to me several times asking where are my friends. I got pissed off because these kind of things are just really rude and offensive to me *roll eyes* and mind you (or them) I was well-covered up and wearing long pants. I ignored and continued walking. Then I heard them did a very loud "EHHHHHHH" and I heard fast footsteps approaching me WTF and they were the only people there so I knew it was them. I think they were pissed off that I ignored them. I was so scared I brisk-walked, afraid that they might chase if I ran, all the way back to the arrival hall where there were many other tourists and security guards around. 

At that point of time I was so scared and tired I was ready to cry anytime, also because I was afraid that the bunch of guys would find their way back to me again or something. I wanted to board a taxi and just head to the hotel but I stayed because I promised D I would be there for them to fetch me. Everything. Was. So. Devastating. Sigh. I started picturing how I may not make it to the hotel and my Bali trip will not be possible. And THEN I SAW THE 3 GUYS. T.T Damn stupid and cheesy but they really seemed like heros to me at that point of time HAHAHAHA. Then we cabbed back to the hotel and slept.

I have to say after this experience I really admire people who travel solo, especially to countries that they face language barriers. It is exciting and I kinda enjoy the episodes of adrenaline rush, but I don't think I will ever do this again especially when my destination is not Singapore. So many things could have went wrong so I'm really very super thankful that I'm safe and sound. Really is 菩萨äŋäŊ‘ T.T

Day 01 / 14.04.2017
🏨 PARK REGIS KUTA
(~$30-40 per night)
★★★★★







My introduction was so devastating LOL but from here onwards everything is pretty positive HAHAHAHA.

I. LOVE. THE. HOTEL. OMG. I loooooove. It's super big, pretty, and we even have a balcony! There's just nothing not to love about it and it's really affordable.


Is it before and after HAHAHAHA. We went to eat the hotel breakfast where we had some complications because the manager said we only paid for the room so the breakfast isn't free. But yeap Brendan saved it so we didn't have to pay! The food was meh anyway so we didn't eat there again.


OOTD all.


⚑ WATER BLOW @ NUSA DUA
 ★★★★★


SO SUPER PRETTY!!!! I kent. I really kent.










🍴 HOLYCOW! STEAKHOUSE
  (~$15 per pax)
 ★★★★★


Not really a steak person but this is really good!! Omg the steak by itself, without the sauce, is already so flavourful. 100% must try and will go back. 

🚗 BALICAR4RENT
(~$26 per day)  
★★★★★



Tadaaaaaa this is the car I rented! We were deciding whether to rent a car or uber around and I eventually decided on driving because uber is banned in Bali so the drivers cannot enter some areas. I read a lot of articles, reviews, blog posts, etc. and most of them discouraged driving in Bali but I still went with it LOL. So... In general, I have to say that it is really not for the weak-hearted, like what everyone says hahahaha.

Firstly, some of the roads are very narrow and the motorbikes there overtake everyone like crazy. Secondly, the drivers there don't stay in lane. You see cars in the middle of 2 lanes not being able to decide which one to be in and it's completely normal there. Thirdly, the jam is crazy and even in a jam, people are still overtaking each other. There's no rule to who has the right of way because it belongs to the one with more guts HAHAHAHA whoever dares to turn will get to turn first. Fourthly, the people there don't signal when they are changing lane or turning LOL it's crazy. Sometimes the left side of the road is a paddy field (if my car drop down we will die) and I cannot keep right also especially when the road is narrow and everyone is still trying to overtake one another. Honestly I was so close to getting into accidents a few times but thankfully either I braked on time or they braked on time LOL. I really think 菩萨äŋäŊ‘ wtf.

There was this once I didn't notice and the left side mirror hit the tree trunk at the side of the road HAHAHAHA (I like how I'm laughing at this now). Luckily nothing much happened but it really shocked me because it felt like "shit is real" HAHAHAHA. Driving at night was a challenge though because I have astigmatism (æ•Ŗå…‰) so I get really giddy especially when there are a lot of lights. Even with my spectacles it was pretty taxing on me because in Singapore I've never drove at night before so I've not faced that much high beam LOL. Really have to thank Sebas for this because he was always beside me to help me navigate and guide me to drive so I became more confident eventually. He speaks like my driving instructors HAHAHA and I know that whenever I'm too tired to drive he can take over.

Call me crazy but the experience was really fun, thrilling in fact HAHAHAHA especially when I became less afraid and learnt how to overtake people also HAHA. I kinda enjoy the ruleless driving culture because I don't have to keep remembering the rules and having to signal hahahaha. Fortunately I rented a small car (something like Honda Jazz which I'm very familiar with) and I won't deny that this experience improved my confidence for my driving skills by 300% LOL. I was always afraid even after I've gotten my license but for now I shall quote D and say, "If someone can drive in Bali, that person can drive anywhere"

I've evolved. HAHAHAHAHA.


Back in the hotel to plan our itinerary for the next few days! Where I realised I booked the wrong flight ticket wtf I really *face palm* Luckily my bro was able to help me to change the flight if not I have to fly back alone again wtf.

⚑ MASSAGE @ AVENUE
(~$15 per pax for 1.5 hours)
★★★☆☆

We had Balinese massage! It's D and I's first massage experience and omg it's quite painful for me hahahaha. The masseuse also massaged my intimate areas so it was like... wtf. Overall, it was pretty okay but the other massage place we went was better. Wait for it hehe.

Day 03 / 15.04.2017



Started the day late because the guys were booking the activities so I just stayed in the car to admire it LOL. I might be quite addicted to driving now. *moon face* I used to not want a car because I think it's not feasible to own one in Singapore but I'm having second thoughts now hahahaha.

⚑ DISCOVERY SHOPPING MALL
 ★★☆☆☆

The shopping mall has nothing much but we could see the ocean behind the mall! Honestly we could see the ocean anywhere in Bali la hahahaha. Everywhere is just so picturesque. 



🍴 HAWAIIAN BISTRO
(Less than $15 per pax)
★★★★☆



Pretty good!!

⚑ WATERBOM BALI
(~$50 per pax)
★★★★☆


Omg I only have one pic related to Waterbom and it's this HAHAHAHA. Waterbom is like this waterpark thing so they have slides and all. Quite scary but fun at the same time!! It's pretty expensive ah but I feel that it's worth the try!

⚑ JIMBARAN BEACH


Drove to Jimbaran beach for dinner and to watch the sunset!



🍴
(Less than $20 per pax)
★★★★★

  
I forgot what this restaurant is called because there's a whole stretch of restaurants there but the food was really nice! Omg the sauce omg. We had the best seat to watch the sunset but there were so many people the experience was kinda ruined LOL. But still, good food!


⚑ BEACHWALK SHOPPING CENTRE
★★★★☆

The road to the shopping centre was super jammed and I needed to pee badly wtf. The guys kept encouraging me to hold it in HAHAHAHA when we finally reached the shopping mall Sebas took over to park the car and I rushed into the mall to pee HAHA. I swear I've never been THIS urgent to pee ever in my life wtf it was quite an experience. *nods*

Day 04 / 16.04.2017




We found a scratch on the car but after that I realised it was there when we just got our car hahahaha so it wasn't my fault. I don't know why D was so excited when we thought we got a scratch though hahahaha wtf.

🍴 GOLDEN LOTUS CHINESE RESTAURANT
(~$15 per pax)
★★★★★


One of the best meals I had there!

⚑ BALI SAFARI AND MARINE PARK
(~$57 per pax)
★★★









Elephant show! Damn cute hahahaha.



 At the petting zoo where we can enter the cages (idk if we're allowed to actually) and pet the animals!



 The guys were so cute squealing at how cute the bunnies are HAHAHAHA.



I think the tickets were pretty expensive because we only had like 2+ hours before the safari closes so there were a lot of things that we didn't get to do. I'm not an animal person but I don't know why the animals there made me feel something!! Like the zebras are so pretty and the elephants are so cute *heart eyes*

🍴 POTATO HEAD
 (Less than $20 per pax)
★★☆☆☆


We drove to Oberoi market but it was closed so we went to Potato head for dinner! I wasn't very hungry so I only had fries. It wasn't that nice.

Day 05 / 17.04.2017



We have a driver today so I don't have to drive! Finally got to look at Bali properly hahaha.

⚑ WHITE WATER RAFTING
(~$60 per pax including driver, instructor and tree top adventure)
★★★★★





First time rafting and I loved it!! It was pretty tiring I admit but the scenery and the experience made up for it.


  Lunch was provided!


⚑ BALI TREE TOP ADVENTURE
★★★☆☆

Omg this activity hahahaha when I saw the obstacle course I was like "actually not as high as I thought ah" Guess who was screaming for help at the first obstacle HAHAHAHA FML. I haven't been using much of my arm strength ever since my wrist got somehow injured so I really don't have strength on my hands/arms. By the 3rd(?) obstacle my arms cannot take it already so I asked the person to let me down because I don't want to continue anymore. Somemore one of the staff knew that I was scared he still kept shaking the rope!!! I thought it was Sebas so I screamed at the wrong person hahaha shit. I kept chanting "tak mau tak mau" and idk why the person dw to let me down then after that Sebas told me they can't let me down because that obstacle is too high and there's no ladder so I must go through 2 more obstacles wtf. At that point I was like fml why did I sign up for this but they kept encouraging me and told me it's okay. Honestly I really had no choice ah hahahaha so I went for 2 more obstacles and took the ladder down. We gave the lazy river a miss because we just wanted to return to the hotel asap hahahaha.

🍴
(~$20+ per pax)
★☆☆☆☆


Drove to Oberoi market to shop around and we ate at this Italian restaurant. Food was meh. Even the sorbet was meh. It was pretty expensive somemore so... no.


🍴 KFC
  (~$5 per pax)


I always go Batam and eat KFC because it's so good there! And it's the same in Bali hahahahaha we ate KFC for 3 times throughout our trip and honestly I don't mind eating more keke.

Day 06 / 18.04.2017




⚑ ABANDONED AIRPLANE


We found the wrong abandoned airplane because this one is a private property and we couldn't enter the place.

⚑ BAYU SUTA WATERSPORT
(~$50 per pax for parasailing, banana boat and jet ski)
 ★★★★★


Is it so happy hahahaha this boy


I loved parasailing!!! It was really brief but I enjoyed every second of it hehe. The banana boat though hahahaha the person who discussed the price with us told us that it won't capsize and before we went up we also made sure to tell them not to capsize because I don't know how to swim so I'm scared. So technically we weren't supposed to capsize... BUT WE DID hahahaha fml because an accident happened. *face palm* I was damn scared but luckily D tried to find me almost immediately and the moment I felt his arm I knew I was safe so I didn't really panick. It was so funny though because even the instructor was shocked that we capsized LOL. Anyway lame fact but I didn't know sea water is so salty wtf I mean I've always known that sea water is salty but not THAT salty. After this incident I told myself that I really think I will die if I get stranded in the ocean LOL.

Jetski was fun!!! I'm not a fan of speed but it was damn cool HAHA. I made sure to tell the instructor that I don't wanna capsize LOL I told him that I cannot swim and I'm scared then he laughed and said okay hahahaha. He kept accelerating for me wtf and there was this moment where he just let go of the jet ski totally for a few minutes and I was the only one controlling. I was so scared that he dropped into the water or something so I used the back of my foot to feel his foot to check if he's behind HAHAHAHAHA.

The muscle ache was real from all the activities omg. We went back to the hotel where I napped for a few hours, woke up to eat cup noodles, then slept all the way till the next morning HAHAHA.

Day 07 / 19.04.2017
⚑ WAKE BALI ADVENTURE
 (~$105 per pax for ATV including driver, instructor, $5 meal voucher, and trip to Kopi Luwak)


I look like a power ranger.



ATV was quite redundant for me leh hahahaha the vehicle is so hard to control and my hand has no strength wtf. I also got stuck quite a few times hahahaha burden pig since 1996. The black sand beach was so pretty though! It was shiny black omg my heart.


The viewwww omg the view.

 


Had ayam panggang at the restaurant and it's really delicious!


⚑ ALAM BALI AGROWISATA
★★★★☆


Went to this Kopi Luwak place and we get to try all these for free! I didn't try the coffee but the teas were not bad!


🍴 BABI NGEPOT
 ★★★★☆




Randomly chanced upon this restaurant! I think it's newly opened because they don't have any customers but the food was good and very affordable! The guys said the pork ribs were really nice.

⚑ MASSAGE @ REBORN
(~$20 per pax for 2 hours)
★★★

I really like this massage place! Maybe because I was having muscle ache so it felt damn gooood omg. I did 30mins of scrub and it smelled like ferrero rocher hahahaha.

Day 08 / 20.04.2017


We bought our tickets from this uncle and he really helped us a lot!

⚑ MELASTI BEACH
 ★★★★


 D's friend recommended this place and it. was. breathtaking.








I mean just look at it. *sigh blissfully*






 




⚑ ABANDONED AIRPLANE
★★★☆☆


We finally found the abandoned airplane that we can touch! It was nothing much la hahahaha but still quite cool to see a plane so upclose.



The guys trying to get a peek at the interior hahahaha.

⚑ KRISNA
 ★★★★

We bought all our souvenirs here! The things all damn cheap omg and the shop was packed with people.

We went back to the hotel to retrieve our luggages and they allowed us to shower! Wa really shout out to Park Regis. I'm really very impressed with their service and everything.

✈ NGURAH RAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
🍴 TWO TIGERS


Had this curry mee at the airport! Quite overpriced but it was very nice!! 

✈ MALINDO AIR




First flight together. ♥
Thank you for being my pillow hehe. We had 10 hours of layover time and it was over midnight so I was really tired. D kept finding ways/places to make sure that I'm well-rested hehe. I can sleep anywhere now as long as I have my eye mask on so I did get ample rest!


Chicken masala that D really loved!


Ending this post with this picture because... thank you to these three guys for looking out for and taking care of me throughout this trip!

All in all, Bali was very beautiful and fun! The skyline is gorgeous everywhere we go and I really stepped out of my comfort zone for a lot of the activities hahahaha. I'm glad that I did because imagine the fun I would've missed out if I didn't dare to do/try different things. Back with tanned and sunburnt skin, a few cuts and scars but a heart full of content. Driving in Bali made me realise that no matter how tired I am, I somehow still am able to find the concentration to drive even if it's a 1.5 hour drive. I'm so thankful for so many things this trip and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't have a lot of photos because I didn't have my phone with me for a lot of the activities. But, D has a lot of footage so I'll wait for him to compile his vlogs and put it down here once they are up hehe.

Alright, till then! x