I went to Taiwan with my parents in February this year but I was so caught up with work after that so this post is almost 4 months late wtf. But better late than never right HAHAHAHA. This is only the second time I'm travelling and I'm not sure if it is because I travelled with a tour, I feel like the experience is quite different (sadly, in a bad way) from how other people described Taiwan to be... Nonetheless, I'm happy to have a short getaway with my parents after I unofficially graduated! J
Day 01 / 21.02.2016
Our flight was in the late afternoon and I don't know why but I was super super tired that day. I don't usually drink coffee but that day I was desperately in need of caffeine HAHA. Went to the airport with my bare face because by the time we arrive in Taiwan, it's already night time and we will be heading to the hotel straight... but I regretted big time omg hahahaha. I looked so bad I could barely take any photos (not say vlog) at all.
#lametourist LOL but we took EVA Air and everything is so cute!!!!! *heart eyes*
Day 02 / 22.02.2016
Starting the day with my 大头像 hahahaha.
Breakfast was buffet at our hotel!
JIANGS' CULTURAL RESORT
The view was perfect.
DAXI'S FLOWER OASIS
It was super hot that day omg. I was paranoid about the cold weather at first so I wore 2 layers of clothes... and I perspired my butt off wtf HAHAHAHA.
When you feel ugly but your mum kept wanting to take photos of you so you gave up.
SPRING KILN CERAMICS
This place is like, oh gosh the view, the fresh air and cooling breeze.
We painted our own ceramic wind chimes and brought home! Mine was ugly so no pictures of it HAHAHAHAHAHA.
XI TOU MONSTER VILLAGE
It didn't feel like 21.4 degrees Celsius at all HAHAHA.
Day 03 / 23.02.2016
SUN LINK SEA RESORT
It's super cold up in the mountains so I was stuck under my blanket for as long as I could be.
They look like lettuce?? Idk but they look funny and they were everywhere so I took a snap HAHAHA.
SUN MOON LAKE
The famous 茶叶蛋 place! We bought 4 to try first and it's really super tasty so we bought... another 10 HAHAHAHA wtf.
WEN WU TEMPLE
SMALL SWISS GARDEN
Super, super pretty.
For only $8! And the artist drew an unrealistic version of me HAHAHA.
Day 04 / 24.02.2016
CINGJING NARUWAN VILLA
It was foggy and cold because we were still up in the mountains. This villa has no aircon and even with heated mattress, I still died omg. I dread shower time every day because it's the time where I will shiver like mad.
We woke up early to take some pictures because it's quite pretty around this villa.
CINGJING FARM
Mum was looking forward to this itinerary the most because the previous time she came here, she loved it a lot and she wanted to bring us here to see the sheeps also. But it was raining and super foggy... Somemore our tour guide said we have to wait for the sheeps to come and find us wtf wait until the next sunrise meh.
Mum got angry so we gave up waiting and came down to wait for the rest to join us.
We saw horses though! I was quite scared HAHAHAHA. Everyone was asking if I feel cold because my legs were bare but surprisingly... I felt okay. I think all these years of surviving in freezing-cold lecture theatres while wearing shorts trained me well HAHAHAHA.
JIUFEN
Went Jiufen at night and it was raining a lot... The things there were also quite expensive so we didn't explore much!
THE LOFT
This is, in my opinion, the best accommodation of the 8 days HAHAHA I LOVE IT.
Day 05 / 25.02.2016
PINGXI OLD STREET
XIMENDING
We only had like 2 hours so we didn't shop much! Decided to roam around the nearby places in case we get lost HAHAHA because we will be coming back during our free & easy days.
TAIPEI 101
Not sure where this is but it was an added itinerary for us to see some 花灯. I put on my mask, hoodie, gloves and stuck heat packs all over my body but it's still freezing.
We bought some (okay, actually a lot of) sushi for supper HAHAHA.
Day 06 / 26.02.2016
Free & easy day 1 so we took our time to prepare, eat breakfast and head off to Wu fen pu by cab!
WU FEN PU
We had 卤肉饭 for lunch and it was sooooo gooooood I ate 2 bowls HAHAHAHA. And that was the first meal my dad is satisfied of hahaha because he's super picky about food.
With my shopping partner in shopping heaven?? HAHAHAHA but actually we didn't buy a lot (definitely not as cray as when we went Korea)
RAOHE NIGHT MARKET
Walked to Raohe night market after that since it's just a 10-min walk from Wu fen pu.
AND OMG THE CHICKEN CUTLET.
OMG.
O
M
G
HAHAHAHAHA I LOVE.
We went back to our hotel by cab and feasted out hehe.
Day 07 / 27.02.2016
It was free & easy day 2 and guess which lazy bum spent the entire day in the hotel HAHAHAHA. My parents went to Gu Gong and Ximending again while I laze my day off in the hotel.
It was Daddy's birthday and the hotel surprised him with cake!!! Omg so sweet de my dad was so happy HAHAHAHAHA.
Day 08 / 28.02.2016
Flight home!
All in all, it was a great getaway with my parents and Taiwan is really pretty especially up in the mountains! I'm honestly in a love-hate relationship with the weather but I think the love is a bit stronger because I enjoy the feeling of cold air on my face... and I just have enough of Singapore's hot weather la hahahaha. Really thank goodness for my last minute purchase of a fabric mask before I fly off because it saved my life (and my nose) so many times. Every time it's very cold, my nose becomes super sensitive and I feel like it's going to freeze and drop off anytime wtf.
This trip is supposed to be less hectic but I was still so tired every day omg... I slept everywhere. I'm not a person who can fall asleep easily but during this trip I slept on the plane, on the bus, and on the cab wtf HAHAHAHA.
People always rave about Taiwan's good food but honestly I didn't really find what I ate very nice, except for the chicken cutlet and 卤肉饭. If I go Taiwan again I would definitely go free & easy so I can explore more delicacies hehe.







































