“It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” ― Nicholas Sparks
(Just a rant post.)
You should never feel bad for leaving toxic people.
You should never feel bad for leaving toxic people.
Toxic people. People who don't make you grow. People who spreads negativity. People who is constantly complaining and giving negative comments about things and other people. People who influence your life in a negative way.
But that doesn't mean that they are bad people. It's just that they are not for me.
Just because I cannot tolerate someone, doesn't mean that person is a bad person. Just because someone rude to people, doesn't mean that person is a bad person. Just because someone is a toxic person, doesn't mean that person a bad person. That person is just him/her. S/he's just leading her/his life. It's me who have an issue about it, so I jolly well sort it out myself.
No one is perfect. It's just about how much the people around you are able to tolerate.
Social media is also toxic. The reason why I don't use much social media is because I'm sensitive to the vibes around me. I mean, Twitter is the only platform I use frequently and it's already affecting my life whole lot. When your timeline is filled with negative tweets and you read them all day long, would it not make you feel miserable? What's worse? When I start to pick on little things and make myself feel like 'omg life is not going my way, too'. I've said this many times, but I honestly would deactivate my Twitter account without a second thought, if I don't need it to get updates about my treasures.
Yes, I'm aware that I'm the one who choose my following list. But I don't unfollow people (unless they are really super annoying) because it's not 'friendship-acceptable'. Heck, I get offended too if I get unfollowed by someone.
I'm never a person who gives up easily, it takes a whole lot of my bubbles burst for me to finally decide I have had enough. But once I give up, I'm never a person who looks back. Yes, I can be heartless. But to be frank I haven't given up on a lot of people.
So... I just want to say, people will never be able to imagine the number of times they burst my limits.
"Walk in my shoes and you'll know why I became me."
"People who are heartless once cared too much."
"Don't blame me for who I am, blame the people who made me this way."
People always post quotes along these lines and I used to agree with them as well. But it's recently that I realised another perspective. Yes, no one understands what you have been through and there is a reason (or in fact, many reasons) why you became who you are today. But I guess that only depends on what kind of person you are today. If you say you've learnt from past lessons, so now you become more careful when trusting people to protect yourself from hurt, that's nothing wrong. But when you become selfish, harmful, toxic, negative and mean to people just because of your past experiences I don't think it's just a matter of "fuck it, the world made me like that".
Regardless of what, you are the one who choose who you become. I've always believe that everyone should care more about themselves and that humans are selfish in nature, but not to the extent that you inflict harm or pain onto others. Don't use your scars as weapons. They should remind you to treat yourself better, not teach you to treat people the way people treated you.
There are people who always say 'I'm late haha, you know who I am', and expect people to wait for them every single time. They acknowledge their flaws, but they don't try to change or even think about changing. Honestly who cares about your flaws if they don't affect the people around you. But what if they do? Sometimes it's not just about your life, it's about others too.
Remember how we always used 'say people, say yourself' in primary school? Apparently it holds a deeper meaning than just being a "cool" comeback line. People naturally like to put themselves in a good light, talking about how people are like this and like that.. sometimes without reflecting on themselves.
Sigh just ranting, I'm aware that no one is perfect and everyone is still learning every day. I guess, at the end of the day, it's because we are just humans. And that, is such a real yet helpless fact.
But that doesn't mean that they are bad people. It's just that they are not for me.
Just because I cannot tolerate someone, doesn't mean that person is a bad person. Just because someone rude to people, doesn't mean that person is a bad person. Just because someone is a toxic person, doesn't mean that person a bad person. That person is just him/her. S/he's just leading her/his life. It's me who have an issue about it, so I jolly well sort it out myself.
No one is perfect. It's just about how much the people around you are able to tolerate.
Social media is also toxic. The reason why I don't use much social media is because I'm sensitive to the vibes around me. I mean, Twitter is the only platform I use frequently and it's already affecting my life whole lot. When your timeline is filled with negative tweets and you read them all day long, would it not make you feel miserable? What's worse? When I start to pick on little things and make myself feel like 'omg life is not going my way, too'. I've said this many times, but I honestly would deactivate my Twitter account without a second thought, if I don't need it to get updates about my treasures.
Yes, I'm aware that I'm the one who choose my following list. But I don't unfollow people (unless they are really super annoying) because it's not 'friendship-acceptable'. Heck, I get offended too if I get unfollowed by someone.
"任何一个人离开你,都并非突然作的决定。
人心是慢慢变冷,树叶是渐渐变黄,故事是缓缓写到结局。"
I'm never a person who gives up easily, it takes a whole lot of my bubbles burst for me to finally decide I have had enough. But once I give up, I'm never a person who looks back. Yes, I can be heartless. But to be frank I haven't given up on a lot of people.
So... I just want to say, people will never be able to imagine the number of times they burst my limits.
***
"Walk in my shoes and you'll know why I became me."
"People who are heartless once cared too much."
"Don't blame me for who I am, blame the people who made me this way."
People always post quotes along these lines and I used to agree with them as well. But it's recently that I realised another perspective. Yes, no one understands what you have been through and there is a reason (or in fact, many reasons) why you became who you are today. But I guess that only depends on what kind of person you are today. If you say you've learnt from past lessons, so now you become more careful when trusting people to protect yourself from hurt, that's nothing wrong. But when you become selfish, harmful, toxic, negative and mean to people just because of your past experiences I don't think it's just a matter of "fuck it, the world made me like that".
Regardless of what, you are the one who choose who you become. I've always believe that everyone should care more about themselves and that humans are selfish in nature, but not to the extent that you inflict harm or pain onto others. Don't use your scars as weapons. They should remind you to treat yourself better, not teach you to treat people the way people treated you.
***
There are people who always say 'I'm late haha, you know who I am', and expect people to wait for them every single time. They acknowledge their flaws, but they don't try to change or even think about changing. Honestly who cares about your flaws if they don't affect the people around you. But what if they do? Sometimes it's not just about your life, it's about others too.
Remember how we always used 'say people, say yourself' in primary school? Apparently it holds a deeper meaning than just being a "cool" comeback line. People naturally like to put themselves in a good light, talking about how people are like this and like that.. sometimes without reflecting on themselves.
Sigh just ranting, I'm aware that no one is perfect and everyone is still learning every day. I guess, at the end of the day, it's because we are just humans. And that, is such a real yet helpless fact.
"Do whatever you want, just don't hurt people."
